Powered by Blogger.

Farewell, Earthling Mel

05 February 2010

Now, I can brag about it: I managed to feel depressed for a full five minutes after I read a blog post.

Mel had written her supposedly last piece as Adobobo. She was a blogger for almost four years. I am writing this post in memory of Mel, a classmate, a friend, a fellow blogger, and a fan of mine (And I, of her. Or was this, from the start, a one-sided affair? Delusions, delusions, delusions...) . Fortunately, we know that where ever she might be right now, she is certainly in a better place. And maybe writing another secret blog under another secret pseudonym.

That's what I like to imagine, though - Mel, somewhere in blogosphere, anonymously weaving words together, words just waiting to be found, again. Who knows? She might be doing just that. Or she might be off to better, grander schemes like, say, writing her first full-feature novel for instance.

I just hope that she won't be thinking anymore of deleting her blog, like she had threatened to do many times in the past. That would be a damn shame, considering that most of her posts have been heart-warming at best and and are indeed fun to read.

For me, I happened to know her better through her blog than through meeting and speaking to her in person (Try talking to a stone and you've got the experience roughly approximated). Any suitor in the future bent on knowing her would have a very handy resource online.

So this is it. And all I can do is just feel gratitude for the unwarranted gifts. Thank you Mel for your posts, for making our days more special, for bearing to us your Self, the "Mel" we don't often see but do often forget. It has been a fun ride.

Time to delete another blog in my reading list.

Now, you better arrange a meeting once you get back to Davao. And I'm also contemplating of posting my previous post about you again. Hmmm...

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy