Powered by Blogger.

Walay Sisihay. Walay Pugsanay.

13 July 2013

Last weekend was the acquaintance party in our school. To stall time since dinner wasn't ready yet, the host called for volunteers from each year level for a parlor game. Of course, the necessary drama was in play: hosts calling out participants, people pointing to people, people either declining vigorously or ignoring the requests to join the game. 

I, for one, chose to eschew the drama, stood up, exclaimed "Bawal ang KJ", and volunteered myself as tribute. I didn't regret what happened next. The game was Paint-Me-The-Picture and I had fun as a player, not just as a spectator. 

This brings me to the motto of this blog: Walay sisihay. Walay pugsanay (In English: No regrets. No coercion). I first thought about this when I was in college. I think the activity was to write an original motto for your life and I settled for this. 

Wala sisihay simply means a commitment to avoid regrets by living life to the fullest. Walay pugsanay, on the other hand, means taking responsibility for one's decisions, of recognizing that our actions are purely voluntary, not forced.

What's your motto in life?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy