Powered by Blogger.

Inheritance

14 July 2013

My teacher shared to us something about a court case between a child and his mother. The issue was how to divvy up the inheritance of the deceased father. Simply put, the son, a banker, wanted more, way more than the mother's share. At the end, the son prevailed, with the court granting him a ridiculously generous part of his father's estate. But the relationship between the mother and the child obviously could never be repaired by then.

Another teacher had also talked about how ugly things could be with regards to siblings fighting over their share of their parents' inheritance. For him, it was manifestly gross to see adults squabbling over things they didn't even earn.

As for me, I think I've made up my mind a long time ago: I'm not getting any from my parents when they die. It's either there's no inheritance to begin with or I'm waiving my right to any of it. 

My belief is that inheritance is just a means to provide for those who have less in life. I, for one, can live without it but I don't know about my other siblings, some of whom are still in school. In the end, even conscience dictates that those of us who are less stable must have more. I believe my parents can agree with this point.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy