Powered by Blogger.

Quality Control

18 July 2013

While I was writing the post "Changing Of The Guard", I realized something: I was writing convoluted sentences. I didn't know this habit had been with me since. 

When I blog, I don't review my work as tightly as I should. Of course, I check for grammatical lapses and spelling errors but I leave the sentences as is. My reason is that if I tinker too much, the post might become less natural or conversational and more stilted. 

However, when I started reviewing the post mentioned, I found out that my sentences were inelegant. I tried paring these sentences down to the most essential words and I also found out I was using too many. 

Now, a resolution is in order. I resolve to be more precise in constructing my sentences and to be more of a KISS-er. I don't know if it's going to be less fun writing from hereon. But this is an issue that needs fixing.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy