Powered by Blogger.

Six Degrees Of Separation

11 November 2012

Just want to get my facts straight.

I think I mumbled this up during my conversations in the office but I wasn't sure if I got it right. Basically, I tried to explain that each of us can be related, by way of actual relation or information, to just about anyone in the world through several people (I mentioned eight but the actual number is six).

I also think the Wikipedia article can do the explaining better:

Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps. It was originally set out by Frigyes Karinthy and popularized by a play written by John Guare.

Cool, isn't it? Nowadays, some are already stipulating that all of us can now be connected by just four degrees.







No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy