Powered by Blogger.

Ate's Wedding

25 November 2012

I'm really proud of my Ate.

That statement succinctly sums up my reaction to her wedding.

For the information of the general public, Eula Marie E. Bataller got married last October 20, 2012 in a wedding ceremony held at Our Lady of Fatima parish. It wasn't a lavish wedding (I was a lector for several weddings and I can say that with confidence) but it was complete. All the people that really mattered were there: family, friends, and God. Just like what my Ate wanted when she confided to me several months back.

Now, allow me to qualify why I'm so proud of my Ate.

First, she never broke my parents' trust. She and her fiance ultimately adhered to the saying, "Kasal sa, bago buntis", and proved, in these cynical times, that true love can really wait.

This might seem quite a mundane achievement to some but, for me, inundated lately with a lot of news of friends, relatives, and acquantainces getting pregnant out of wedlock, her wedding was a breath of fresh air.

Second, she saved for this event. Admittedly, putting up the money to hold a wedding was a joint effort between her and Tyrone (my brother-in-law's name), but still, she saved money. My ate, who is not exactly known as a saver, did something quite contrary to her established nature.

Third, she managed the wedding with full grace and poise. No frantic last-minute arrangements, no hang-ups, no stressed moments. Just her great smile. You could blame the wedding planner for this though. But for someone with no professional event planning skills to boast about, she did pull it off.

And did I mention she was other-worldly beautiful that day? 

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy