Powered by Blogger.

Excuse Me?

25 September 2009

Sometimes, it is so tempting to be a full-fledged anarchist.

Yesterday, I visited the BIR Regional Office in Davao to get my TIN card. This was again a necessary step in completing my pre-employment requirements since I needed another valid ID other than my passport.

When I inquired the (slightly annoyed) man at the front desk about what to do, he said to me that my TIN was registered in Taguig/Pateros by my previous company. So I had to fill up BIR Form 1905 to change the RDO to that of Davao City's. I was also asked to fax it to the office in Taguig City (Curiously, the BIR Davao Office doesn't offer any fax services).

After completing the form, I again asked the front desk what I should do next. And his answer just blew me away.

He told me that I should go back to Taguig/Pateros and verify my TIN "in person" in the Taguig office before I can apply for a TIN card. After he said that, I stared at him for several seconds but he didn't give me any other option.

I was flabbergasted and furious. The man was telling me to spend thousands of pesos for a plane trip to Manila just to get a stupid card.I immediately walked out of the office before I had the chance to do something I would later regret.

Later, Papa comforted me by saying that I wasn't alone. He also had the same problems with the BIR. Most of the time, people in that government institution can be very rude, arrogant, or very un-accommodating because they know they are needed. In other words, good customer relations isn't really important in the job when you know people will still come to you no matter how bad you treat them.

Papa told me to go to SSS instead to apply for an ID card (something that I should've done a long time ago) and, lo and behold, the staff in SSS were more humane in their treatment. Papa explained to me then that the SSS had more reasons to take care of their customers since the company was reliant on people paying their premiums regularly and on time. I just wish BIR also had more reasons to take care of its taxpayers.

Still, my problem hasn't been solved. My SSS ID won't be mailed to me until after 4-6 months. I still need a valid ID by next week. Gosh.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy