Powered by Blogger.

Confrontation 2

19 September 2009

Okay, I haven't exactly done what I promised I'd do in the past. For those who've read my previous blog post about my encounter with the Kaingin Queen, I said then that I would come up with a solution, sit down with the president of the homeowners, and basically woo everyone to become nature-loving advocates allergic to open burning.

It turned out executing the plan wasn't so simple after all. I couldn't get an audience with Attorney Ceniza for the insane reason that I can't chance upon him at his house. He would either be off on a business trip or is busy exploring other dimensions. Needless to say, I won't count on him to help my cause.

The weather is also not an ally in my case. Since the incident, we've had intermittent rains culminating with the heavy downpour brought by Ondoy. Openly voicing out against open burning isn't such a good idea when, for most of the week, the ground is wet and people are reluctant to start fires. Timing is everything, as the cliche goes, and now is definitely not the right time for my message, especially with the news overflowing with flood stories.

So what's the plan now?

Well, I am a very patient and determined person. I'll lay low for a couple of months while I wait for summer. Then I make my move.

Indeed, summer is a very special time. My assumption is that more people are inclined to burn off excess foliage in their yards because the weather features less rainfall. Less rainfall means more brittle vegetation and drier soil. These conditions are ripe for open burning.

By then, I can launch my own information campaign on the perils of open burning by secretly placing fliers on the gates of my unsuspecting neighbors preferably at the dead of night. That will be the first 2010 activity of the one-man organization I shall call "Manang, Undangi Na!: A Citizen's Movement Against Open Burning".

Till next summer then! Now, to get some quotes on risograph printing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kataw-anan man ka Pao uy. I'll make a point to remind you of your agenda come summertime.

P.S.

The word I had to type to verify this comment was "farth." Wala lang; just felt like I had to share.

Mel

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy