Powered by Blogger.

Boors

09 September 2009

One afternoon, while I was on my way home, a group boarded the jeep I was riding on. Two women with two kids and several bags were inching their way through. They also had a gay companion who was behind them.

Apparently, the group just had a rough day. When one of the kids just stood there in the middle, looking for a lap to sit on, the gay companion burst out, "Tangaa aning bataa uy!"

With that remark, the rest of the passengers' eyes were upon them. As for me, I was speechless but I'm pretty sure I had my eyebrow raised at them. But the group didn't mind at all. Maybe, it was normal in their own little world to speak to children that way.

For the rest of the trip, the women cursed and sweared out loud about a certain person who didn't have money. When the jeep stopped in front of a red light at the Matina Crossing, one woman asked if they could now get out of the jeep. Her woman companion quickly replied, "Tanga ka? Bawal mubaba diri!", with a voice straight from a boom box.

Finally, they all alighted from the jeep somewhere along the Matina Aplaya road but the gay companion was still breathing hard on the kids (Gawas na, punyeta!).

Clearly, three people skipped classes when good manners were being taught. Or maybe, some parents had done a wonderful job in the past teaching their kids the right cuss-words for the right situation.

But I guess the greater tragedy here - greater than the misguided upbringing of those nincompoops masquerading as adults - are the kids. I do hope someone would teach those kids proper manners and speech or at least teach those adults to be more mindful of their words.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy