Powered by Blogger.

Star Gazing

13 October 2012


From Men In Black:

K: They're beautiful, aren't they?
J: What?
K: The stars.

When was the last time I simply looked at the stars?

That was the lingering thought I had as we softly made our way upstream of the Iwahig river.

The last time I simply looked at the heavens was during our weekend escapade to Anawangin Cove  three years ago. I remember just staring at the sky chock full of stars. There was absolutely no light pollution to dim the spectacle. Suddenly, everything seemed so huge and massive and I was the observer of it all, a tiny speck of dust in the life of this galaxy.

Star gazing does that to you. It makes you watch in awe as you revel in the dark, communing with the greater universe even as you shudder at its immense beauty.

Ikaw? When was the last time you simply looked at the stars?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy