Powered by Blogger.

Job Hazards

06 August 2011

Haay. Job hazards. They can be such a drag. 

Thankfully, us bank employees rarely, if ever, are exposed to life-threatening conditions (unless you count bank robberies in which case you can still be thankful you're not the security guard). But we are, unfortunately, exposed to a different set of hazards, hazards which can potentially ruin our lives just the same.
For those working in the branches, there's the risk of losing money which isn't even yours. Say, you're a teller and a client unexpectedly withdraws a greater deal of money than he's supposed to carry home and he just won't return it despite your insistent claims that it was simply a mistake. You are then forced to pony up for what's lost (Curse you, liar! Your soul will burn in hell!).

In my case, I don't have to worry about this scenario because I never handle money (being in loans). But I do handle collateral, titles to be exact , and it's also stressful nonetheless. I remember asking a colleague how much I am expected to pay if ever I lost one and he quoted me a figure that was probably a year's worth of wages. And as for my job after? Well, kiss your job goodbye after that.

I love my job. In a weird, masochistic kind of way, that is (I'm joking. Or maybe I'm not?).





No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy