Powered by Blogger.

Cooking

20 August 2011

One of my fantasies in life is to learn how to cook. By cooking, I mean baking, broiling, grilling, and all those other esoteric cooking methods. Right now, my repertoire of cooking skills involve frying anything on a pan or boiling water.

This fantasy was borne out of necessity. There was this one time, after I got home from Manila, when I was left alone at home. I already spent several days eating lunch by myself and my viand always consisted of a newly opened can of Century tuna. In short, I was fed up with my routine (and my diet) and wished I knew how to cook.

I greatly admire those people who have special recipes up their sleeves, recipes which might as well have been attached to their names because those recipes were the first thing that pop up in my mind whenever I hear their names. For instance, JV Colina was known for her Pepper Steak recipe which was really delicious. And there was my former colleagues in BayanTrade who, for every party in the Casibang compound, always complemented the celebration with grilled pork and sinuglaw.

I wish I could one day ascend to that semi-mythical status. And guess what? I have one recipe to start off my journey. In the documentary, Hamburger America, they featured Ted's Restaurant, a burger joint known for their steam cheeseburgers. I wish I could create one of those burgers: a steamed cheeseburger dish complete with buttered vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side.

Then, I can proceed to other dishes as well. I mean, anyone can dream right?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy