Powered by Blogger.

The Lost Key

22 November 2010

November 19, 2010 was a special day for a multitude of reasons.

Why? Let's just say I kept forgetting things all day. That morning, I forgot to wear my belt, which was supposed to be part of my ensemble for our dance showdown in the Bankers Night that night (redundant huh?).

Then, when I left the office to prepare for the show, I forgot my cellphone. Alex and I had to call Corinne and ask if she could safe keep the phone for me for the meantime.

When we got out of the taxi in Rizal, Grace gave out a loud shriek. It turned out I forgot to bring with me the umbrellas. Now, these umbrellas were no ordinary umbrellas but were props painstakingly covered with metallic paper for the show. We stored these inside the taxi's trunk and everyone conveniently forgot about them.

I immediately ran after the taxi. Fortunately, the taxi was loading on another passenger and stopped at Merco Bolton so I caught up with it. Whew. If I hadn't been that lucky, I'll be Sweet's* first homicide victim.

But my luck finally run out. The next, next day, Sunday, I realized I lost the key to my drawer in the office. I could remember that Corinne had handed to me the key along with my cellphone during the Bankers Night but it was nowhere to be found. My deduction was it must be lying somewhere on the backstage of the CAP auditorium.

Oh man. Crap. The next thing I knew, I was talking to the janitor in CAP if he had seen such a key (the answer was no). So come Monday morning, I borrowed a crowbar from the workers currently doing the renovations in the office and proceeded in opening my drawer.

That moment is probably the only time I'll ever get close to robbing a bank. But I finally did it. I opened the drawer, unscrewed the key hole, and I was off to NCCC Mall to have a duplicate key made.

There, I learned something. You can make a duplicate key with only the key mechanism. Another lesson for the day, if I may say, but it doesn't top the first lesson: don't forget things.

*Our choreographer, who deserves all the acclaim that we received.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy