Powered by Blogger.

Computer Games

22 November 2010

This is a short recap of my checkered history in computer games.

The first time I played a game on a PC was during a get-together in Tito Jogs' house. Joey (or is this his real name?), the son of Tito Jogs, was our host and had a kick out of teaching us the games in his father's computer (although, if I remember right, he was the one playing the whole time and my brothers and I were just spectators).

Then after, I was introduced to the family game console my cousin, Kuya Arnel, had. I learned about Mario and racing games but, just like before, I was usually the spectator since a lot of kids wanted to play as well.

What I was particularly good at was Tetris. My ate had a console and whenever she wasn't around, I would drain the batteries of the device just playing. Yep, I was a Master then.

When we were older, Papa bought a second-hand laptop and we grew up playing Wolfenstein, Chess, and what else. Then, we met Noynoy, a neighbor, and my brothers and I would troop to their house to play his Playstation and some Lego (I, however, never grew fond of consoles. I prefer instead the versatility of a mouse and a keyboard).

Papa again brought some hardware home and this time, it was a self-assembled PC. It had a lot of games in it and a love-hate affair was born: I loved the PC but I hated having two brothers. Nevertheless, amidst all the quarrels, we all enjoyed Starcraft, Outlaws, and the dogfight game (was it Airduel, something? Hmmm...).

Sadly, that PC had to become obsolete so Papa brought in another one. This time, I got the chance to play WarCraft, a bit of Counterstrike (I'm more into strategy games than anything else), Red Alert, Battle Realms, and Rome Total War. It was crazy.

But that was it. Soon after, I lost interest in playing computer games. Bulec, my younger brother, revamped the CPU to accommodate games like Deadspace and what else. As for me, I was done with it. Maybe, I grew up after all.

I do remember a time when I asked myself, "Why am I wasting my time playing these computer games?" Then, it dawned on me that I had better things to do like waste my time surfing the net or writing this blog or perhaps dreaming of a good business.

So, adieu computer games, I will miss you. But the boy then is now a man.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy