Powered by Blogger.

How To Be Happy For The Rest Of Your Life

03 July 2009

The other day I was rummaging the contents of my wallet in search of my college school ID. I found the usual stuff: some money bills, ATM cards and receipts, my school ID, a blood donor card, a business card of sorts from a T-shirt company, and some plastic card protectors.

I also found, on the front part, a piece of board paper with some written instructions on "How To Be Happy For The Rest Of Your Life" written in purple ink. On the background of the paper was a smiley face. Wow. I did have this in my wallet for some time now. As I remember, this was given to me by a lay minister after an early morning mass early last year. As for the content, here goes:

How to be happy for the rest of your life:
1.) Choose to live a God-centered life
2.) Choose to be thankful
3.) Choose to be happy
4.) Choose to forgive
5.) Choose to love others
6.) Choose a sense of humor
7.) Choose to work at something meaningful
8.) Choose to be optimistic or positive
A merry heart is a good medicine with no bad side effects

Some of you might say that the instructions are quite generic, bland even( and do I dare say quite naive? There are situational factors to consider after all). But I do appreciate the fact that the instructions remind me that happiness, first of all, is and will always be a personal decision, a decision which one can make every day. Also, happiness is simply a matter of personal disposition and is not contingent on whether a person is wealthy or has many friends.

So right now, I'm resolving to renew this commitment to be happy every day. And I'm quite glad I have this set of instructions in my wallet as my kodigo.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy