Powered by Blogger.

UM

22 July 2012

Sir Rojie shared a joke that he, in turn, got from a client. Knowing full well that I was studying in the University of Mindanao (UM), he narrated one client's reply when asked from what school he graduated. Since his wife graduated from Ateneo, the client answered that he graduated from "Kuya niyo", referring to his alma mater, UM.

(cue laughter. Harhar. Bisdak lang makasabot)

I had already written here about my experience during enrollment. Now, I want to share about another experience about this school.

Early July, I had the misfortune of knowing that my schedule for one class had been changed abruptly from Saturday 5:30 PM to TTH 5:30 PM. I remember feeling irked then because no one from the dean's office even bothered to consult the actual students affected, including me, about the change in schedule. When we were handed our new certificates of matriculation, many of us, working students, were caught off-guard. We had no choice but to drop the subject.

Still, I would have felt better if the school had the decency and fairness to inform us beforehand. According to tsismis, a clique of students had advised the dean's office to change the schedule since the original Saturday schedule was in conflict with one other subject.Obviously, they did succeed in lobbying for the change. So that probably makes me part of the inconvenienced minority, whose opinions weren't heard.

Okay. Time to stop whining. Back to work.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy