Powered by Blogger.

Moving Out

14 July 2012

I just moved out of our house.

Don't worry. I wasn't kicked out by my parents. It was entirely my own decision. As to why a guy like me should be willing to move out of my comfort zone and risk financial distress, I have my reasons:

1.) The road construction along R. Castillo and along Quezon boulevard is taking forever. I have been coming to office late for the past three weeks because I spend over an hour commuting to work. That's unacceptable simply because I'm not in Manila and I do wake up early.

2.) I'm already a law student ("Naglo-lawko na."). I need all the time I need to study and if I could do that by shaving wasted time during my commutes, then I do it.

3.) I'm turning 25 this August. I've made a personal promise to myself back then in Taguig that I'll be out of the house when I'm a quarter century old.

4.) My younger sisters are growing up and they're still sleeping in my parent's room. If I leave, Yanyan gets to move into my room (When Ate leaves later this year, Klengkleng gets to have her room. Personally, I prefer that Yanyan have her own room because she's becoming a teenager but the little senorita isn't interested because my room isn't air-conditioned).

5.) It's part of becoming an adult. I can't call myself such if I'm still semi-relying on my parents' generosity and goodwill.

So there you have it. I don't know if I shall be moving back in after a couple of months but I intend to stay out of the house for the long run.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy