Powered by Blogger.

The Need To Be Filthy Rich

09 May 2011

If you want to help a person, you must first have a big heart. If you want to help a lot of people, you must have a big wallet.

It's sad but the fact is philanthropy is not exempt from economics. An act of charity might be costless but instituting an entire system to eradicate or, at the very least, minimize poverty requires funds, lots of it. 

In the past months, I've written several posts about ideas on philanthropy. These ideas have a common denominator: they require massive amounts of resources for them to jump to reality, resources which currently I don't have. 

Which is a bummer. And which is why, if the world sees it fit, I should be a billionaire by virtue of my need to have some dough so I can make society better. 

If only things were that simple (long sigh).

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy