Powered by Blogger.

Pacquiao

08 May 2011

I'm not a fan of Pacquiao. I don't really know what is wrong with me. But every time he fights, I root for the other boxer. Maybe, I just like siding with the underdog, whoever that person is. Or maybe, I simply find it difficult to respect, let alone support, someone who cheats on his wife.

Perhaps, one might regard my aversion to the 'Pacquiao-mania' as an anti-patriotic sentiment. For most people, Pacquiao is the closest thing we have to a hero these days, especially with a lot of political figures acting like villains in the national stage. However, I'm not one prone to hero worship especially when the hero in question is simply a world-class boxer who struck it big.

'Let's be real people', I imagine myself saying, at the horde of supporters  who cling to Pacquiao's glory after another win in the boxing ring. Still, I have to be considerate though. Some people yearn for light in the midst of darkness, for a glimmer of hope in a country full of despair. And guess what? Pacquiao fills that need perfectly.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy