Powered by Blogger.

This Is Real

11 December 2010

This is real. Simply a great marketing tag line by the NBA.

For the rest of us though, it's a reminder of the sheer weight we carry around. Ever remember Nursery? Or Prep? Those were fun times. And there was always this activity where the teacher would ask her pupils, "Okay, kids. What do you want to be when you grow up?" Aside from being an astronaut, most of us would say whatever profession our parents told us they were in. But the common denominator in our answers was the presence of success, whether it be financial or otherwise.

In college, the same thought would linger. Each of us were itching to get out of school and into our moment. We were good at envisioning ourselves, of what we would become ten years from now. Part of that vision would probably involve a house, a car, a happy marriage, a good career or a thriving business.

Then reality would set in. Nobody said it would be easy but, then again, nobody said it would be this hard. And I grow somber, depressed even, just by the lingering thought that, no matter how hard I try, I might not get to where I want to be. I might not become the vision I had for myself when I was young.

This acute awareness hurts so much.

Yet, even so, hope springs eternal. That, in itself, is a miracle.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy