Powered by Blogger.

Voting For City-Wide Positions

11 May 2010

Voting for the mayor, the vice mayor, and the congressperson is a lot easier. I just wish we had more names.

Earlier on, I was telling some colleagues at work that there must be other candidates for mayor other than the Dutertes and the Nograles clan who sport excellent resumes and equally excellent qualifications. It turned out I was wrong. When I did my research on the other candidates, what I got was a security guard running for public office as well as two other greenhorns. Very un-inspiring, if you ask me.

So on election day, I voted for Inday Sara, Ben De Guzman, and Mabel Acosta. But I really wanted to vote for someone else. It was a case where you just have to eat some veggies but what they're offering you is just fried chicken and rice. The menu was too limited.

Anyhoo ( I got that from Mel), I guess Inday Sara is quite capable for the job. But I didn't vote for Rudy Duterte as vice mayor because that would be too much. Two Dutertes, both in public office, doesn't sit well with me and, besides, I simple don't like Rudy Duterte ( Using a television show for your own benefit to bash all your other candidates into submission is not only unfair but is simply disgusting. If this goes on, at least, the playing field should be more level, with his opponents also being invited to air out their "grievances" in the show. Now, come to think of it, that would be more entertaining).

Finally, I voted for Mabel Acosta as congresswoman because I didn't like the other guy to win ( who eventually did). As far as I'm concerned, the Nograles clan are a very corrupt bunch ( The only thing lacking in that statement is the actual evidence). If I had to choose a lesser evil for the congress ( where dreams do come true for those who want to be overnight millionaires), I would have to choose Mabel Acosta.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy