Powered by Blogger.

Voting For Councilors

11 May 2010

The next series of posts regarding the elections is meant to be anticlimactic. The elections are over, which is well and good. Now, I can share some thoughts about how I picked my candidates without imposing my opinion on others.

Unfortunately, I lost my kodigo awhile back ( my list of candidates I voted). I, for the life of me, cannot remember who I picked for as my bets for the position of councilor. So instead of sharing the names I selected, I might as well discuss the difficulty related to picking candidates for local posts.

There are a lot of names running for councilor. And it doesn't help that most of them are simply that, just names on the ballot sheet. Trying to be a responsible voter, I tried researching most of the candidates and that's where the problem starts.

One difficulty is that there seems to be no comprehensive database of resumes for these candidates. I tried searching online for curriculum vitaes of some candidates and what I got were a series of unrelated search results. For all the media hype surrounding these elections ( "bringing with you the most comprehensive coverage" my neck...), apparently, someone forgot to post resumes of the candidates online for the benefit of the more discerning voters.

So, I resulted to asking my parents instead (When in doubt, always ask your parents). Papa was more than willing to suggest names for me, names of candidates whom both he and Mama knew in person. I picked out candidates whom they knew were qualified and I also picked out candidates whom they knew have been worthwhile councilors before.

And that's how I got my candidates.

The only sad thing about this was that I really tried my best to make an informed vote. I didn't want to vote for strangers but that's how I ended up doing, relying on other people to name names for me. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy