Powered by Blogger.

New Rule!

07 December 2008

Ok. I am imposing a new rule. No more talking about work. That means no more ranting out, no more gnashing of teeth. It's getting unhealthy and it's about time I focus on the positive things in my life. Plus, I think I'm becoming emo (which isn't necessarily a bad thing except that I don't like it).

For instance, a positive thing is that I have a job in the first place, a job which not only pays well but also gives me the challenges (and the stress) that I know will make me a stronger, better person. I am grateful that I am here in Manila, exploring new things, new cultures, meeting new and diverse people. I am thankful that I'm safe and sound, despite being far from home. I am thankful that, finally!, after being babied by my mom and dad for 20 years, I can finally support myself and assist my Lola Alice maski ginagmay lang (my Lola should be a retired, happy woman right now. But due to circumstance, she' still working- a fact that gives me so much angst).

If I do talk about work, it's going to be a discussion about people. Probably, it's going to be about my colleagues at work (we just won the Best MTV award in our BTG Christmas party last night! How cool is that?!). Or probably about events and stuff. But it's going to be positive, tuned in to a new and lighter perspective of things.

I'm celebrating Christmas. Finally.

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit." - Proverbs 15:13

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy