Powered by Blogger.

Revisiting Arnis...Again

24 November 2013

I wrote about coming back to practice arnis after a year-long hiatus. That one-year respite eventually turned to four years.

Last night, I did finally muster the enthusiasm to wield a stick again. Earlier last week, Nino Ortonio, a classmate and one of the wisest guys I know, invited me back to practice. That, and because I was free Saturday night, finally made me go.

The new gym of the MK is the YMCA gym. It is stifling hot and humid. But there's space to spar and a wall-to-wall mirror as well.

The newly-minted instructor is Dennis, one of my batch mates during my Level 2 Exam back in 2008. Seeing him instruct us, I couldn't help but imagine what I would have become if I had stuck around a bit longer, if my right shoulder didn't hyper-extend itself and made me more hesitant.

Right now, I'm still trying to master the basics. Nino did a good job reviewing me on the bigay-tama, palis-palis, defense application, and so on. My target is to catch up with the rest for the Level 2 Exam next month. Good luck to me.

Kali!

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy