Powered by Blogger.

Electric Cigarettes

02 November 2013

Actually, I was thinking twice of writing this post. 

It probably appears that I'm promoting smoking. On the contrary, I want smokers to actively seek out electric cigarettes so they can quit this vice.

My first sight of an electric cigarette was when Sir Harold, one of my officers, brandished his own during a car ride. I was initially perplexed at the vapors but I couldn't smell anything except a faint scent reminiscent of the smoke produced by a fog machine. 

He shared that he switched because electric cigarettes were "healthier": no smoke, no tar, no fumes. Also, he didn't smell dirty afterwards and he could "smoke" in the confines of his car.

What interested me though is that the nicotine content in the cigarette can be calibrated so that anyone interested in quitting the habit can do so by gradually tapering off the nicotine levels over several weeks. One can lower the nicotine content of his electric cigarette every other day so the act of kicking the habit isn't so jarring and upfront.

Compare that to others who go cold turkey immediately and you'll appreciate why electric cigarettes offer a distinct advantage in quitting permanently.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy