Powered by Blogger.

Pause

24 November 2013

Last Tuesday was the last day of enrollment for the second semester of UM's law school.

I didn't enroll. 

Lest you assume the worst, my grades were okay and I wasn't kicked out. I just thought that I had to take a break to focus on some other things more important than schooling.

They say that law school is a jealous girlfriend and they're right. It takes too much of one's time. My mistake last semester was that I took on quite a load of subjects despite knowing that I was going to find a job soon. True enough, by the time August rolled on, I was adjusting to my new company while studying like a full-time law student. It was crazy.

My press release to my friends and classmates was that I was burned out and that I had something else to do that required more time. Allow me to explain myself:

1.) Burned out - I've said the reason why. What many people don't know was that I was on probationary status last semester for not getting a Quality Point Index (QPI) of 80 during the second semester of my first year (I blame my teachers who rarely show up in class). The pressure was on and it was the first time in my academic life that I was staring down the barrel of failure. 

2.) Something else to do - There are several items on my to-do list that require my attention. First, I need to focus on my career and where I am going. Second, I need to sell that food cart that's languishing in the garage. Third, I need to start work on my idea of selling Jopoy's Hopia (more on this later). Fourth, I need to write that freakin' leaflet that's been in the back of my mind since 2009. Fifth, I need to build my networks and start mingling more frequently with my friends.   

Sir Jerson and Pastor Ace had cautioned me that most people leave law school and never come back. Without the necessary momentum, people put off going back until they never do.

I hope that doesn't happen to me. I am still very much interested in becoming a lawyer someday. There are just some wrinkles in my personal life that I need to iron out first. 

Besides, what's the rush?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy