Powered by Blogger.

Resignation

19 March 2013

This is the email I sent to my boss last March 12, confirming my intention to resign:

Good day Ma'am,

This is to confirm my intention to resign.

As discussed last Thursday, the view of management can be summarized as follows:

If the client insists, we can accept cash as tokens of their gratitude provided that such cash gifts shall be for everyone's benefit (ex: using the cash to buy the department's merienda etc.)

My personal view is that accepting cash is never acceptable and, if received, shall be returned to the client immediately (ex: depositing it back to their account or applying the same as loan payment etc.)

As advised, I had given this much thought over the weekend but I cannot reconcile my view with that of management's. Hence, my intention remains.

Moving forward, I hope that management will take a second look at the assumptions that ground its opinion.

I also hope that, having done this, management will be more willing to take risks in challenging the status quo and to draw a harder line against these irregular transactions.

After all, against the flow of such a perceived norm, mundane yet firm acts of defiance from the staff and officers alike will only serve to bolster the bank's goodwill in the eyes of the client.

Thank you very much.


I'll give the background later. Right now, I'm just...dismayed.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy