Powered by Blogger.

Manicure II

02 March 2013

Can I get HIV from manicure wounds?

That's the thought that kept running through my mind as the manicurist worked on my nails. Several fingers were already bleeding because the manicurist was too eager to snip off my cuticles.

I have to insist that my fear is well-founded. The tools used by the manicurist are not artifacts of good hygiene; they've been used every day without being subjected to a bath of antibacterial solution. Also, they've been used to manicure the nails of clients from all walks of life and I shudder at the thought of one of these clients harboring some dreaded STD and unaware that he or she could pass it to me.

Temporary anxiety. Such is the price of vanity, I presume.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy