Powered by Blogger.

Remembering The Grassweeds

05 May 2012


 Front Row (from left): Vhong, Ciara, Clinton, Xie, Ron, Edsel
Middle Row (from left): Paul, Francis, Kit, Andrew, Lea, Ryan, Glenda, some-guy-i-can't-recognize-who-the-heck-is-he, Velia
Back Row (from left): Janeth (our gracious landlady), Rodelyn, Nathan, Jon (?), Me, Tala, Palang

Found this picture in a CD Francis had given me before I went back to Davao. I was cleaning up my room when I chanced upon it again. It was taken during my despedida in the Casibang compound, my home for about a year and a month.  

Most of the people in this picture were officially called "Grassroots", based on the HR program of my  first company which focused on hiring people from the provincial areas (hence the term). We nevertheless informally called ourselves "Grassweeds" instead because of the implied spunk and demeanor inherent in the term (at least this is what I like to believe). 

I left my first company three years ago. 

I don't miss the company. 

But I still miss them.

Happy anniversary guys.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy