Powered by Blogger.

My Ideal Job

05 May 2012

You know what my ideal jobs are?

These are those menial jobs that are often derided as "blue-collar". Back then, I fantasized being a messenger boy, traveling back and forth and meeting a lot of people along the way. I also thought of being a security guard, a sentinel with a big gun on my hip. I also considered becoming a janitor, mopping the floors of empty corridors. 

My fascination with these jobs is their novelty. These are jobs which do provide another experience of the human condition and I want to try them. In fact, I've been thinking: what if I get to try a job a week at a time before fluttering to another job from another industry? 

That would be awesome. If get to do that, then I wouldn't be wrestling with monotony and boredom, things that affect a lot of professionals of my age. If I get to do that, then I would be experiencing a real-life education on labor and employment.

Unfortunately, the luxury to be able to flit from one job to another is simply that: a luxury. Right now, I'm not even dreaming of leaving my current job. I need to earn a living, thank you very much. 

Good for Mike Rowe he has a show which allows him to try different jobs and all. But for me, the prerequisite is crystal clear: before I can dream of being a packer, a service crew guy, a janitor, a guard, a messenger boy, a construction worker, and so on and so forth, I must first be rich. 

If I'm rich, then I would not care what job I'm holding because I'm going to be doing it because I want to, not because I need to.


No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy