Powered by Blogger.

Something About Uniforms

01 July 2011

School uniforms ought to become more practical.

Every morning, when I go off for work, I pass by SMILE (Saint Mary's Initial Learning Experience), a thriving kindergarten school in our neighborhood. The boys' outfits are fine but the girls' skirts definitely need to change. The skirts are candy yellow, not a good color choice, considering these are kids who play outside. I can imagine laundrywomen, trying their best to wash of the mud stains from these skirts, and little girl's ears being pinched by their parents or their yayas for sullying their uniforms.

I'm also a product of ADDU and the uniforms of the ladies also need to change. For one thing, white skirts don't hide blood or dirt stains very well. In hindsight, I would have done better myself had I opted for slacks instead of the more popular khaki pants. If I had done this, I would have saved myself countless hours spent ironing and starching my pants to near perfection.

Come to think of it, school uniforms ought to be simple and comfortable as well as classy. A good school uniform should also be a symbol of understated elegance. Hence, I don't like SPC tolerating boys who wear school polos with their maong pants. I also don't like neck ties, scarfs, and pins. Not only are these completely unnecessary, students actually waste time putting these on. On the extreme side, I also don't like skirts at all, preferring that girls wear slacks instead. Not only do these skirts limit girls' movements, they also offer limitless opportunities for thriving Peeping Toms to practice their craft.

I maybe just ranting (actually, I am) but everyone has got to make this world better. Why not start with the small stuff?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy