Powered by Blogger.

Parlor Games

24 July 2011

I knew I could have done something, knew I could have stood up for what I believed was right. But I merely sulked at a corner, hesitant, afraid of being regarded a kill joy by the audience.

In our recently concluded company summer outing, the parlor games featured food and animals as part of the entertainment. The food part featured an egg yolk to be broken. I went along with that, all the while remembering my NSTP class, where we were admonished by our moderator for wasting food (We were also playing with egg yolks, I think. What the hell is with egg yolks anyway?) while many in the world were going hungry.

The second part of the contest featured several mice, to be lifted from one box to another. It was supposed to be harmless for the creatures but several of us were icky when it came to handling animals and proceeded to unceremoniously and forcefully dump the mice to the second box. Some were holding them too tight; some were just hurling them into the box. In sum, we were being cruel to these mice. We were inflicting pain.

I was a witness but I was simply a spectator that day.

Guilt trip na naman. Bwisit.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy