Powered by Blogger.

Lingkod Weekend

25 August 2014

"Wow. Humana na diay?"

That was the first thing that crossed my mind this morning when I woke up. For the past day, I was with my brother and sisters in the community, Ang Lingkod Ng Panginoon, for our Lingkod Weekend. It was a blast and, even now, I'm still smiling at the memories made and the people I've come to regard as siblings in Christ.

The Lingkod Weekend, as I understand, was the culmination of our Christian Life Series (CLS) and Christian Growth Series (CGS). It was a highly-anticipated event where the community formally welcomes new members into its fold and where existing members renew their commitments.

I still cannot fully describe what just happened. Despite carrying some personal emotional baggage, I still feel greatly blessed to have served and to have witnessed His Love during the event. I feel privileged to have been a part of the Lingkod Weekend and of this community.

I just want to share one realization though. One of the quotes from T.S. Eliot that I found in a geology book is this:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started 
And know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, remembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover
Is that which was the beginning

The quote was meant to highlight the fascinating quirk of geology and that is of scientists trying to understand what was the earth like in its infancy and how life and the world started.

Though a bit off, I believe the quote is still applicable to my journey with Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon. For the past year, I've been immersed in the activities of this group. I've participated in my Action Group's activities. I've served in various capacities to the point that I felt I already knew the community.

But, at the end of it all, the Lingkod Weekend brought me back to the basics: it taught me the reasons why we behave as we are in the group and why there's even a community in the first place. The event taught me  and pushed me to remember how it all started. And, for all this, I could only say, "Oo diay no?"

God bless us always.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy