Powered by Blogger.

A Song

17 September 2010

Back when I was in college, I thought of myself as a potential song writer. Never mind that I didn't play any instruments nor was I blessed with any musical gift whatsoever. But, I remember the days when, just to save a few pennies from my baon, I would walk the entire length from the National Highway to our home and come up with songs along the way (Something I already hinted in a previous post).

When I was in fourth year, I did manage to come up with one last piece, a sort of last hurray to college life. I had the lyrics in place and the tune played perfectly in my head. I even managed to have my sister sing the piece for recording so I can endorse it to someone who can come up with the musical notes for the song.

That I actually did, or at least I tried to. I had a classmate in fourth year who was an adept guitarist and a good singer too. Faith heard the song, thought it resembled another one, and that was the end of the song's journey to stardom (In hindsight, I should have paid her. Talent fees would have been cheaper then).

Perhaps, someday, I could hire someone to actually bring the song to reality but, for now, I'll just write the lyrics down. If you're curious about the tune, just let me know. And if you happen to have a friend who can finish the song (ergo, "play it" with real live instruments), I would be happy to meet him or her. Here goes.

Song Title: Graduation Song
(Yeah, after two years, the title is still a work in progress)

Song Lyrics:

Summertime is coming and graduation is near
And I guess it would seem that I'll be missing "you and me"
Yet I thank you for the years that had been
For the time that we'd spent with each other

And I hope that wouldn't mind
If I didn't want us to bid each other goodbye
Because what I'm really trying to say
Is that I don't want to see you go away

Let this not be goodbye
Let this be not the end
Let this be just a point
Where we start all over again
And I wish you would say that
We will see each other again

It's okay if you meet someone new
Friends who'd be there
Always near beside you
It just hurts that our time had to come
When we must part ways (journey apart)

Let this not be goodbye
Let this be not the end
Let this be just a point
Where we start all over again
And I wish you would say that
We will see each other again (someday)

Help me remember the memories
I don't want to let them go
If you could just hold my hands
And say those words
We'll make it last forever
You and me together

Let this not be goodbye
Let this be not the end
Let this be just a point
Where we start all over again
And I wish you would say that
We will see each other again

4 comments:

"Ron-Ron" said...

And who was your inspiration for the song pareng paolo? hmmm...i'm curious. hahaha. tell me when i finally get to visit you in davao.

Mel said...

*Barf*

Joke lang, Pao! But yeah, this was just too sappy for me, sorry. Except for the chorus, which is okay. I imagine a lot of soaked hankies if ever this gets played at a graduation ceremony. Except maybe if you set this to hip-hop. Or techno. :D

lala said...

Ahh, Pao. Didn't know you had it in you. Had I known about this, I would have volunteered my services. Ahem, I can sing some, too, you know. I'm really quite
insulted that you only shared this with Faith and not with me. Lol.

Unknown said...

Sige daw Pam. Help me out. I'm serious. ;-)

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy