Powered by Blogger.

Cheryl Cariaga

18 January 2009

Cheryl Cariaga on her birthday...

Cheryl was one of my high school classmates. If you were to ask me, I would say she is the epitome of the traditional Filipina stereotype. Yung tipong mahinhin and stuff like that. She also had this tuft of hair, her "bangs", which would always fall every now and then, covering her eyes. If I had been irresistibly attracted to her or just a plain tsansingero, I would be one of those who would touch that tuft and crease it back.

I loved hanging out with Cheryl, JV Colina, Shiela Libaton and the rest of the Simple Girls. The reason was because I could relate to what they were talking about. Either it was academics (Honor's class kasi), school, the latest peer anecdotes or just plain gossip. There was no talk of the latest fashion trends, their crushes (either they really didn't share this stuff or because I was there so they refrain from talking about it), or backbiting comments. They were all just simple people. And so was Cheryl.

I think Cheryl became a BS Nursing student. I haven't heard from her since. That's because I didn't take care of our friendship when I already felt it slipping.

But I hope she's well and okay. Next time, Che, kita ta.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy