Powered by Blogger.

Hue Cafe

12 July 2014

First, I'm not a connoisseur or an expert in this field. But I'm going to give a quick review of the Hue Cafe. 

For those who are not familiar, the Hue Cafe is located in the Ateneo de Davao University Jacinto Campus. It serves coffee and other drinks to patrons, most of whom are Ateneans. From what I heard, it's managed by the student body though it is capitalized initially by the school (To digress, I am currently writing this post inside the cafe since I'm going to mass later in the University chapel).  

Honestly, my interest was piqued a long time ago every time I pass by the cafe on my way to work. I've always wanted to try it out and see if it could match the service and ambiance of the other coffee shops in the city.

I couldn't order coffee anymore in the afternoon because I'd be awake the rest of the night. But the strawberry cream blended drink was at par and the spaghetti was not bad either. The prices were similar to what you can expect from mall-based coffee shops. 

For the ambiance,  the lighting and the music were okay. The tables though sported water rings and chipped paint. The chair cushions were also dirty with stains all over. The restroom didn't come with toilet paper or a hand dryer.

The Wifi was crappy, slow, and kept resetting. The air-conditioning was non-existent on some areas especially at the back. Finally, the cashier didn't give me an official receipt.

Overall, the cafe is really a work in progress. The menu can be expanded some more. The service can be improved. 

To be honest, I'm not likely to be going back anytime soon. 

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy