Powered by Blogger.

LEO

03 February 2013

LEO: a browser-based application that aims to simplify and expedite cross-departmental processes by integrating into one database customer data that are otherwise scattered across separate systems
Yup, that's the definition. And this thing, LEO, is what I intend to accomplish by year-end in the office.

To be honest, I've got really mixed feelings right now.

I just wrapped up my pitch to my fellow colleagues about pursuing this project, of bringing LEO from a mere figment of the imagination to a workable reality. The response was guarded enthusiasm, not outright condemnation as I feared.

But going back to the feelings:

"Yes, this is it. We're finally doing it. This is something that I've wanted to do since two years ago and I can finally make work a bit easier for the rest."

"Oh no, this is it. It's out in the open. Everybody knows. If I fail, then the world will get to see it. "

And the probability of failure is quite high (to be frank). ALFES, another application in the office, was built with a multi-million peso budget, an army of professional programmers and business consultants, and several years of development and testing. We're supposed to do roughly the same thing with no budget to speak of, a ragtag team of marketing assistants with no programming background to boast about,  and until year-end to finish it.

It's heroic. It's stupid. It's going to be fun.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy