Powered by Blogger.

The Thesis Saga

06 January 2013

I was unlucky that day.

Last January 5, Saturday, I finally set out to visit the library in Ateneo De Davao Jacinto campus. My goal was to finish what I set out to do last year, which was to re-encode our thesis  and place it in this blog for posterity's sake.

So I paid Php 80.00 for the entrance. I asked the guard if they had a photocopier; he said yes. I set out to look for my thesis. But guess what? It's missing! I tried again and again for naught.

Jeesh. So much for my eighty pesos. So I went to look for another book that I fancied and proceeded to the stairwell at the back to have it photocopied. But guess what? The photocopiers were missing!

According to the librarian I talked to thereafter, the photocopiers had been removed a few years ago. I asked if I were to photocopy a thesis, can I bring it outside? No, she replied, because it's reference; it cannot be borrowed let alone brought outside.

So that's my dilemma. Only when I went home did I remember that we have another copy of the thesis in the Humanities Division. Perhaps I could ask Mel for a favor someday...and the saga continues.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy