Powered by Blogger.

Sick Leave

27 January 2012

I'm sick. I'm at home, writing this post, ever vigilant of any grumblings coming from my belly. 

If this goes on, my favorite sickness will be stomach ache. 

It's annoying, really. It pounces on you in the morning, waking you up earlier than usual. So you go the bathroom and do your deed. Then, when you're all dressed for work and dismissing what happened as a rare case of lactose intolerance, your insides curl up and wring your gut out. Then, it's back to the bathroom for another episode.

You call the morning off and inform your boss that you're taking it slow. You take your meds and hope for the best. Then, right before noon, another episode comes along and you call off the afternoon too. You're stuck at home for the rest of the day because going out might become an inconvenience, all the while trying to remember what you ate yesterday that made your stomach so upset.

Boo-hoo me, I say.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy