Powered by Blogger.

Salamat Sa Modess

25 April 2011

I'm not ashamed of what I'm going to share. Looking back, I can almost believe that it was Divine Providence that made me stuff a pack of Modess napkins in my backpack that fateful Wednesday night.

If you've read my past post about my Apo climb, I mentioned that I suffered from chaffed skin during our ascent. My inner thighs were becoming sore because of constant friction with my groin. I could make some conjectures regarding my condition then: I wore the wrong kind of underwear; my cycling shorts trapped a lot of moisture down there; or it was simply a case of bad luck. 

The bottom line was that I was in agony during our climb. My inner thighs were protesting with every stride, with every step. At one moment, I thought I might be walking home with blood dripping between my legs.

I tried self-medication. I plastered band-aids during the morning of Day 2 and again during our brief stay in Campsite 2. These didn't work. The band-aids weren't adhesive enough and simply fell off.

Then, the eureka moment. We were now at the peak and I was busy inside our tent, rummaging through the items in my bag, hoping for a remedy. I did pack a Modess pack, didn't I? I remember thinking of packing one just for the sake of it. Perhaps, a lady we might come across might be suffering from the monthly malady and would appreciate receiving something from us (On hindsight, I don't think any sane woman would climb Apo knowing her period is around the corner).

So I got one pad and was instantly fascinated at it. So this is what it looked like. The pad boasted a neat feature: adhesive strips on its sides, which was probably intended to make the pad stick to the panties. I began placing the pads inside out, one for each thigh, with the absorbent portion exposed to grab any moisture from my wet pants. 

The next morning, I knew I did the right thing. Walking was a breeze and I remember climbing down to Lake Venado, leaping across the grass. 

Salamat sa Modess, ika nga.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy