Powered by Blogger.

Holy Week

19 April 2011

The priest probably knew what we all had in mind. A budding curmudgeon, he went about reprimanding everyone in his homily for choosing to go on vacation during the holy week instead of observing the Lenten traditions of the church.

As for me, I was breezing along, muttering to myself, "Maski unsa pa ingon nimo Father, mukatkat gyapun kog Apo!"

Indeed, I will. This coming Thursday, I'll be joining my brothers and office mates in my first trek. Perhaps, I should feel more guilty about my decision but I was a devout Catholic since I was born and this was the first time (or was this the second?) I'd be spending time away from the church on the Holy Week.

Still, to keep the spirit of the season, I've resolved to remind myself throughout our ascent of this momentous occasion in our salvation history:

"Dear Bro,

I'm climbing Mount Apo this weekend.

Please keep us safe though. And as I climb, remind me of your sacrifice.

As I make my steps, remind me of the steps you took to Calvary.

As I endure the pain in my muscles, remind me of the pain you had to bear.

As I feel the weight of my backpack, remind me of the weight of your cross.

And as I look at the view from above, remind me of how much you've lost to gain all that I know see.

Amen."

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy