Powered by Blogger.

Bad Trip

24 July 2010

This is a rant. But, in my world, it's not called that since I call it by another name: constructive criticism. This concerns one saturday evening, when, after a day's work worth of overtime, I dropped by KFC Gaisano Mall for a treat and my dinner:

1.) Twenty minutes falling in line. No, the line wasn't long. The girl in our counter was simply taking her time. No queue management tools either. Nobody took our orders in advance. What's disconcerting is that there were some employees just talking to each other, as if their shift had already ended.

2.) When I received my order of two original recipe chickens, I asked that a piece be replaced with my favorite, a wing. However, the girl apologized by saying they are only allowed to pair big cuts with small cuts , which, in my case, is a skinny drumstick and a chicken rear tandem. Now that's something you ought to share with a customer: "We are rationing our servings to our customers and this is one of our best practices."

In addition, if a customer asks for something, can you just give it instead of justifying the deal with a company policy? Fortunately, I subscribe to the ethos of the Walay Labad Customer ( or WLC, something which I will expound later on in another post) so I didn't mind (I'm a walker, not a talker guy. Of course, right now, I'm already talking about it).

3.) The floor was dirty. No one was mopping the dark smudges off of the immaculate tiles.

4.) No water in the water dispenser and no one was paying attention. Also, no spoon was in the utensils holder. I tried to get the attention of a staff guy standing around and he promptly handed me a plastic spoon to pair with my metal fork, which left me mumbling, "So whose turn is it to wash the dishes and the spoons?"

5.) No ice. The girls at the counter kept asking customers if it's okay that their softdrinks didn't have ice. Do you have to ask that? Of course, it's not okay. Nobody likes their softdrinks lukewarm.

In fairness, that KFC outlet wasn't meant to operate 24 hours a day. I came at a time when Gaisano mall was already closed and they were already serving their last set of customers. Maybe, everyone there was bone-tired. But still, I guess that comes as a flimsy excuse for the service I received. All in all, these are just minor things but even the small stuff can leave a big impact. I may be a small guy but I do know what it feels like to be respected or pampered as a customer.

I think I won't be eating there again soon.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy