Powered by Blogger.

Still Alive

06 November 2009

Haaay. Finally, the hiatus has come to an end. Now, it's time to explain myself.

Kuya Kim, a cousin of mine, mentioned to me earlier tonight that he found out this blog several weeks earlier (To digress, we were attending the first birthday party of Kyrstine, the adorable little angel of another cousin of mine, Kuya Aji, and his wife, Ate Gladys). That brief mention reminded me that I had an online life to attend to and I had a blog that needed fresh content.

For those who are wondering what has happened to me since September, here's the news. First, I got busy, or more specifically, I finally landed a job after four months of soul searching and job hunting. I'm now a sleep-deprived, slightly harried employee for a commercial bank somewhere in the outskirts of Lanang. That alone explains why I haven't been online for so long and why my writing career - if ever there was one - has halted to a stop. Simply put, I don't have the time nowadays, nor the energy, to use on more leisurely and lofty pursuits.

I am certain however that somewhere in the near future, I can strike a balance between work and play. But right now, I'm so busy absorbing the aspects of my work, I've become a model workaholic: early to work, no time to play, that's my life now, what more can I say?

What about my plan for pursuing further studies? Well, that has been put on hold too. Now is simply not the time to pursue those things especially when someone's a probationary. But I am still interested and I intend to go back to school real soon.

What about networking? For that, I'm taking it real slow. I've been learning some new stuff every now and then and I have some plans which I hope I can pull off later this month.

In the end, I think the only casualties of my current busy status quo are the social networking sites and online tools of my not-too-distant past. I miss checking Facebook and Plurk every day. I also miss sifting through the hundreds of emails, newsletters, and spam mail in my four email accounts. I miss reading interesting stuff in the web.

Haay. Still, I can't go back to where I was then. My vacation's over. I just hope I can still update this blog every now and then.

Now, it's time to go. My brother can't wait to use the computer and I can already smell blood if I don't get off my seat this instant.

1 comment:

Lemuel Kit said...

omg pao... my plans of pursuing law has also been put on hold. something came up when i was about to submit my application... hahha. ill be in davao on december. hope to you see.

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy