Powered by Blogger.

Solved: Case Of The Vanishing 350 Pesos

19 November 2009

Finally, I know what happened to my money.

For the last two months, I was confused every time I looked at my savings account online. Apparently, P350 was being deducted every month from my account. Scrutinizing my account online, the only clue I had about this unwarranted debit was its label; it was labeled "elink".

My initial assumption was that my bank was screwing me up secretly. Or perhaps, the "elink" debit was payment for services rendered for enrolling my savings account online. Still, I wasn't satisfied because as far as I know, this was the first time I experienced this and I've had my account for nearly a year already.

The mystery was finally solved when some mail came. In the mail was a letter from Greenpeace thanking me for my "donation". After reading through it, it finally dawned on me that I had registered myself months before as a Greenpeace donor.

How it all happened, I finally remembered. Several months back, I was in NCCC Mall back then, trying to register myself as a "Boto Mo, I-Patrol" volunteer. There was a Greenpeace booth beside the atrium and, lo and behold, I saw Ate Therese Pardillo, a former classmate, manning the booth. After some small talk, I found myself signing up for this donor program of theirs.

I remember confidently signing up for their program because I knew I had no money in the account number I gave them. But that apparently changed when I got my back pay and, for the next two months, I was an unconscious donor for an organization I barely even knew.

Anyway, what's done is done. At least, I know now where part of my money is going. I just hope that they put that "donation", no matter how small and insignificant, into good use.

Now, I don't intend to stop donating now that I know. But then again, I do hope that I am presented with the option to stop donating when I feel that I'm already financially depressed (On second thought, withdrawing everything from that account is probably a better idea).

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy