Powered by Blogger.

Tale Of Two Parents

22 April 2013

Sometimes, the only time you get to appreciate your blessings is if you know other people's misery. That statement isn't politically correct but it is quite true.

I had a conversation with a colleague of mine, who is entertaining the thought of resigning, and it started with him asking me if my parents went berserk over knowing that I was leaving the company.

I said no and I got curious enough to ask if his parents did. My hunch was correct because he said they went ballistic. They were quite proud that their son was working in the company and couldn't probably fathom the idea of him leaving such a stable job.

I knew the reasons why he was leaving. I also knew that, given his knowledge and background, he can do so much if he were working in another company more suited to his course.

After that exchange, I said a prayer of thanks that my parents didn't overreact to my decision. It's something to be thankful for in the long run.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy