Powered by Blogger.

Coronation

15 April 2012

I've just got my front teeth crowned.

First of all, my utmost thanks to Dr. Villagomeza for bearing with me.

Second of all, what was I thinking?

The decision to crown my teeth was already made when I first got my root canals removed (that was before I entered college).

As a brief history, I was the kid in the family who had the misfortune of wearing bad teeth. When I was young, I was involved in an accident that caused my front baby teeth to fall prematurely, forcing my adult teeth to grow earlier. I was also treated with a medicine that produced stains on my teeth. Then, at around ten years of age, I had to have an incisor  removed because of a cyst, causing my three remaining front teeth to compensate by growing even larger. Along the way, I had the usual toothaches and cavities. Then finally, my front teeth hurt so much that I had to go through root canal therapy.

After that, my dentist had advised that I should get my teeth crowned because, over time, they'll grow dark (teeth with root canals removed are dead teeth and, hence, cannot retain their white color, or so he says). I ignored his advice for several years until I myself finally realized that he was correct. 

So I went with the coronation. And it was the first time in a long time that I cried. It was so painful because I was confident that I could go through the whole thing initially without anesthesia. My teeth, after the root canal, couldn't feel pain anymore but I didn't realize that, apart from shaving off a portion of my teeth, the dentist would also shave off a portion of my gums. My gums could still feel pain and I was sitting there, in the dentist's chair, mouth wide open, weeping, as the drill lacerated my gum line (Fortunately, the dentist took notice of my "discomfort" and applied anesthesia before I could cry wildly like a baby).

At the end of it all, was it worth it? Well, apart from the fact that I'll never need braces anymore (my teeth are aligned, finally), my teeth are also now uniform in color. Gone are the stains like yesterday.

I can smile more freely now:  :-D.  See?

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy