Powered by Blogger.

Photography

11 September 2011



By the way, I'm not the model. That's Rodel. This was taken during my trip to Boracay with my office mates. 

Anyway, this picture really got me to think of seriously pursuing photography as a hobby. I wasn't a cam-whore by any charge (that's Clinton's term for those who want to be in every picture every time. In Tagalog, mga garapal sa kamera). So I might well be a photographer, someone who is content with looking at things from the other side of the lens.

I was lucky that the sea was (and is always) a good backdrop for any photo. I remember trying to find a focal point across the entire horizon when I chanced upon Rodel looking at a boat being hauled to shore. I immediately knelt and, since the camera was a point-and-shoot type (no more tinkering), I shot this. Lighting left much to be desired (it was drizzling with clouds shrouding the sun) but I was nevertheless happy with the photo.

Now, I understood the visceral joy of being a photographer, of perfectly capturing a moment that's soon to flee.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy