Powered by Blogger.

Comedy Bar

04 September 2011

I didn't know there were comedy bars in Davao. I thought previously that the only comedians we had where the ones who came from Manila to hold their tours here. Hence, I was a little surprised when, after Rommel's farewell party in the office, we headed out to Zigudo Resto Bar to watch a comedy gig. 

Well, what do you know? We waited for over an hour amidst the blaring disco music for the show to begin. Then, five drag queens came on stage to launch their opening salvos. After that, the jokes came out non-stop as the five actors (or actresses) battled it out on stage for the best lines.

One observation I had about the spectacle was that gay comedians were definitely better at dishing out comedy (although I bet Ellen Degeneres would have something to say about this). Most often, the jokes they talked about were green in nature, something which will obviously not work out if the comedians were, say, straight or lesbian. I'm probably giving a speculative judgment on something which I don't have any authority to speak (given my experience, or non-experience, about live comedy shows) but there you go.

Still, I had a good time (and a good laugh. My ribs were aching after). Till the next comedy show, I think.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy