Powered by Blogger.

Dance

15 October 2010

As you know, I just joined the BPI dance crew. This was for our company's presentation for the 2010 Banker's Night. I wasn't supposed to join. But I guess Ma'am Arlene, the current DCBA president and also one of BPI's pillars, had a way when it came to psychological coercion.

I don't know if she had meant the scene that followed to run along a predetermined script. I don't even know if this was part of her plan or was just a mere coincidence. Either way, she had managed to convince me to join the BPI dance team with this following conversation:

On one typical business weekday, Ma'am Arlene called me up.

"Hello Pao, sabi ni Clari (Jeesh, she brought it up) dancer ka raw? ", Ma'am Arlene inquired innocently. "Baka gusto mong sumali sa sayaw para sa Banker's Night?"

I managed to sidestep her inquiry with a barrage of excuses. "Ay, sorry Ma'am, mejo busy kasi ako... Yada-yada." And so on and so forth.

I thought I was safe. But Ma'am Arlene inquired about her brother's loan.

"Oo nga pala Pao. Kumusta na nga pala yung loan release ng brother ko?"

Now, I felt like I was cornered.Ma'am Arlene's brother's loan was a difficult account to begin with due, in part, because I committed timelines I couldn't follow through (which wasn't entirely my fault but I owned this up anyway). I needed some sort of redemption for this account and I could only think of one way to attain this.

That afternoon, I emailed Ma'am Esther, Ma'am Arlene's assistant for the Banker's Night, and confirmed my participation to the team.

The rest, as the cliche goes, is history. I was part of the 2010 BPI dance crew for the DCBA Banker's Night.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy