Powered by Blogger.

Gimme A Break

11 April 2010

Right now, we have Senator Trillanes who, if I'm not mistaken, has not authored a single piece of legislature, although that's basically what his job description is all about.

Now, they're fielding in, as senatorial candidates, other military personnel who were part of the Oakwood mutiny several years ago.

You want my opinion? Well, I think it's plain stupid.

I'm a practical voter. I know that there are limited seats in the Senate and these seats are best reserved for those who actually know the law and who have bills to push for in mind. I am a Filipino citizen and I want my Senate as productive as possible, churning out laws as fast as they could. And that's all right. That's because senators are getting paid to do just that: to create and to pass laws.

Now, there are a bunch of military guys who are running for the senate and I don't know if they have any inkling about what the job entails. All I can be sure of is that they represent a demographic, a demographic (or perhaps an ideal) that is already represented in Congress (hence, the redundancy) by the apparently useless Senator Trillanes ( who got voted while behind bars, by the sympathy votes of a great many disgruntled Filipinos who, perhaps, also don't know what a senator's job is).

I'm not happy with this at all. But I do hope that, if ever these guys get elected, I won't be the only one lowering my head in embarrassment.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy